Saturday, March 20, 2021

Saturday Sneak Peeks: A Week in the Life

One question writers often get asked is, "what are you working on?" A very interesting question and one that's sometimes difficult to answer.

I thought today I'd take a look back at the past week, and what I've been "working on".

As always--everyday--it's promotional efforts. At least two hours per day of tweets, FB posts, meme creation, trailer creation. Given I have three releases coming within the short span of a month, to say I've been busy is an understatement.



Social Media Activities


Earlier in the week, I shared the scoop on my latest release, The Engagement Gamble, the third book in my Love's a Gamble Series. So, as for social media posts, that book was front and center.

As if that wasn't enough to keep me busy, Amazon (in their sometimes infinite wisdom) decided to run a sale of their own on the second book in the series, His Marriage Gamble. So while extra promo for that book wasn't planned, it had to be done in order to take advantage of Amazon's surprise sale.

And, because I've also got a pre-order running for my March 29th erotic short story release, Teach Me, the third story in my Lusty Liaison Series from The Wild Rose Press, that required daily promotion.

And, with every release, and pre-order scheduled, updates to my Website are a must!


Meme Creation


In addition to updating the website with teaser memes, it's also imperitive to circulate fresh memes with your social media posts. My favorite site for meme creation is Book Brush, where I can get as complication or as lazy as I'd like.

This week my creative efforts were centered on both the March 29th release and my upcoming April 20th release, Seduced by the Handyman, the second book in my Cougars & Cubs age-gap contemporary romance series.

Finally, when creating memes, it's important to make them not only generic but also retailer specific, so you can fine tune your social media posts to retailers such as Apple, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo.


Trailer Creation

It was a busy week. In addition to making two trailers for myself, I aslo created two for other authors. You saw them both earlier this week when I hosted Author Judy Cole and her book, And Jilly Came Tumbling After; as well as Breathe by Author Lucinda Race.

One of the trailers I created for myself is for the upcoming, Teach Me. Enjoy!



What I'm Working On At the Moment

And, of course the week wouldn't be complete without some time spent on my current Work-in-Progress.

With a title like, Not Nearly Enough (© Nancy Fraser, 2021), you can bet it's steamy! Here's a sneak peek at one of my favorite scenes ... the first meeting between my characters.

Forcing her attention away from the latest pair of lovebirds, her gaze clashed with the man she’d seen earlier. He’d been standing at the top of the pathway, his long fingers wrapped around a tall bottle of beer. Now, he stood less than ten feet away, his legs spread for balance on the gentle slope of grass.

He was tall, at least six-two, his medium brown hair held a hint of gray at the temples and hung to the top of his shirt collar, his face darkened by a hint of a beard. His crooked smile drew her attention to a scar that ran along his jawline.

Not bad looking. Interesting in fact, in a rugged sort of way.

While she’d been staring, he’d taken a few more steps in her direction. The closer he came, the harder she found it to look away.

“Is this seat taken?” he asked, nodding toward the empty chair next to hers.

“No, it’s not.”

“May I sit?”

She shrugged. “It’s a free beach.”

He chuckled, his laugh sending a shiver skittering across her bare arms.

“Not at the prices this place charges, it’s not.”

“True,” she said, giving him a shy smile.

He stretched out his hand. “Nick.”

She placed her hand in his, surprised by the gentleness of his grasp. “Amanda. Although I prefer Mandy,” she responded.

“Nice to meet you, Mandy.”

“You too, Nick.”

“Can I buy you a drink?” he asked.

She gave her half-full glass a shake. “I’m good. I’ve been nursing this one for a while now.” Taking a small sip, she admitted, “I’m not much of a drinker.”

“So, what brings you to San Bella Island?”

Mandy took a moment to answer, unsure of how much she was willing to share with a total stranger. “Short vacation. I needed to get away from the city.”

His jaw twitched, but he held back an actual smile. “And what city would that be?”

“New York,” she said simply. “Long Island, to be exact.”

He made a show of looking around them, scanning the whole of the resort grounds and beach. “You can’t get much farther away from New York than this place.”

“How about you, Nick? What brings you to San Bella Island?”

“Same. Vacation. I just finished a big job, and needed a break.”

She took another sip of her drink, and asked, “What do you do...for work?”

He drew his full lower lip through his teeth, as if contemplating her question. “I’m a contractor,” he told her. “How about you?”

“I’m in between jobs at the moment.”

“A perfect time for a vacation.”

“Have you been here long?” she asked. “At Diamond Key?”

“I got in earlier today. How about you?”

“Yesterday. I’m here for a week.”

He met her gaze, giving her another half-smile. “Me too, until next Saturday at least.”

A thought occurred to her. As heartbreaking and emotionally draining as her last few years had been, there was one thing she needed even more than her brief vacation.

She needed a man. Badly.

She’d never been one for casual sex, but the idea of having a brief fling set her pulse racing. And Nick, with his crooked smirk, soulful chocolate gaze, and interesting imperfections seemed like the perfect candidate for a temporary lover.

Swallowing back the last of her drink, more for courage than thirst, she wondered how one would go about bringing up the subject of sex with someone they’d just met.

~ ~ ~
That's all for today's post. Please come back on Monday and throughout the week for more authors, books, and fun!

Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment