Thursday, April 22, 2021

CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY MAGIC by Author Tena Stetler


Today we welcome friend and author, Tena Stetler to Notes From a Romantic’s Heart to talk about her book, Chocolate Raspberry Magic, part of The Wild Rose Press' One Scoop or Two series. As usual, I’m being nosey and asking questions of my guest.


Inquiring Minds Want to Know


Is your book based on real-life experience or a figment of your imagination?

Some real life experience. Wildlife Rescue has always been one of my passions. I’ve been involved with several rescues and sanctuaries for wildlife, parrots, and all kinds of needy animals.


Some is a figment of my imagination. Like the cabin in the story and its secrets and abilities. That stems from a desire to have gourmet meals and a clean house. LOL

Is the setting for your book real? If so, have you been there? If it’s fictitious, is there somewhere real that you’ve used as a model?

Setting is purely fictional, but based on rescues that I have been involved with. Animal rescue is a difficult vocation for those with a soft heart.  Yep, I’d be one of those people. Probably the reason I abandoned my desire to become a veterinarian early on. LOL But the difficult moments are offset by all the good that happens in rescues.

 

What has been the most unusual experience you’ve had that you have written into a book?

We go camping a lot during the spring, summer and fall. It was during this time that we visited cabins built during the gold rush on Independent Pass in Colorado.  Obviously, the prospectors had no idea what the living conditions would be at 12,095 feet in elevation and abandoned the settlement.  However, while we were investigating these cabins, I walked around the back side of one and a whole scene played out in my mind. The longer I stood there, the more characters played out scenes. Then they faded away as quickly as they appeared.  I rushed to our truck and wrote down all I could remember (Always have a pad and pen with me).  I did return to the same spot, but nothing.  My book, Angel’s Unintentional Entanglement was born out of that experience.

 

Do you like to read in the genre in which you write? Or, are you adventurous?

I do read Paranormal Romance.  Also read a wide variety of other genres, the only thing I don’t read is Horror.  With my over active imagination, I create nightmares for myself that keep me up all night. Then my hubby hates when I leave all the lights on in the house at night to make sure none of those nightmares come to life. Silly I know, but…

 

About the Book

Prim and proper Trinity Shiloh is the assistant manager for Salem's Wildlife Sanctuary. She hasn't had much luck in the boyfriend department, but the new employee Paul is different. Deep and brooding she sees something special hidden below the surface. Besides she has secrets of her own.


Paul Thorp is a wounded Special Forces veteran now working in security and computer support. He's fought hard to keep his demons in check and for the first time feels he is ready for a real relationship.

When a fire breaks out at Puffin Cove Rescue, they are called in to help with the recovery and ice cream social fundraiser. Sometimes things are not what they seem, and neither are people. When magic is unleashed, will what they learn bring them closer together or push them apart?

Read an Excerpt

As Trinity walked through the aftermath of the fire, she lifted the yellow and black caution tape and carefully stepped inside the building. Her gut clenched and that feeling of foreboding washed over her again. The farther she ventured into the burnt building the stronger the gut-wrenching feeling became. Something needs my help. This was a new sensation. She took a small flashlight out of her backpack, directed the beam over the scorched debris, and moved the rubble with her toe. Nothing.

One more sweep of the light and she’d return to the others. Probably not supposed to be here anyway. A weak squawk emanated from the far corner of the building. Picking up a scorched stick, she poked at the debris. A puff of smoke rose as she made her way to where the sound came from. Shining the light into the corner, she saw movement. She knelt down and carefully shifted the charred rubble. Laying on its side, head slightly raised, and using a wing in an attempt to right itself was a small parrot. Its little eyes locked on her for a moment before its head lowered to the ground.

Frantically, she glanced around, but there was no one in sight. How far had she ventured without telling anyone? The structure overhead groaned in warning. No time. “Okay little one, it’s you and me. I don’t have much experience at this, but I’ll do my best.” Shrugging out of her backpack, she unzipped it completely. “I’m going to scoop you up in my backpack and get help.” She didn’t raise her voice to call for help for fear of scaring the poor thing.

Clearing as much debris away from the bird as possible, she scooped up the parrot in her bag. Slowly she stood, so as not to jostle the little creature. Holding the bag gently against her chest, she picked her way across the downed wooden braces, charred remnants of cabinetry, and broken glass.


Meet the Author

Tena Stetler is a best-selling author of award winning paranormal romance with an over-active imagination.  She wrote her first vampire romance as a tween, to the chagrin of her mother and the delight of her friends.

Colorado is home; shared with her husband, a brilliant Chow Chow, a spoiled parrot and a forty-five-year-old box turtle. When she’s not writing, her time is spent kayaking, camping, hiking, biking or just relaxing in the great Colorado outdoors.

Her books tell tales of magical kick-ass women and mystical alpha males that dare to love them. Travel, adventure and a bit of mystery flourish in her books along with a few companion animals to round out the tales.


Tena's Website ~ Blog ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

Amazon Author Page ~ BookBub ~ Goodreads 

~ ~ ~

Thank you so much for stopping by. We’ll be back again tomorrow with another author, book, and more fun!

Nancy

 


6 comments:

  1. Thank you Nance for hosting me and Chocolate Raspberry Magic. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your interview and excerpt, Tena! Your book shines here.
    shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like another winner for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the premise of animal rescue and setting. We have a little cabin in Colorado, but not quite that old! :-)

    ReplyDelete