Thursday, May 13, 2021

MR. PIERCE'S HERO by Author Kara O'Neal


It’s my pleasure to welcome friend and fellow author, Kara O’Neal, back to the blog today with her new book, Mr. Pierce's Hero, from her Pike’s Run series.


Genre: Historical/Western/Small Town Romance

About the Book


Pike’s Run, Texas, 1882

Corinne Taylor has a secret. And it must be protected. If her mother discovers what Corinne has been hiding, Hell will not describe the place in which she will find herself. Beulah, Corinne’s mother, has proclaimed herself “queen” of Pike’s Run, and no one crosses her, especially not her daughter.

And while Corinne does what she can to guard her secret, her best efforts aren’t enough. War comes to Pike’s Run and the Taylor household when Beulah learns of her daughter’s betrayal. The battle that ensues forces Corinne to seek help from a new arrival.

Jonathan Pierce, a successful lawyer, has come to Pike’s Run looking to find solace from his past. When Corinne asks for his support, her innocence and bravery call to the needs within his broken spirit, and he can’t turn her down. She is capturing his heart, but if she ever learns of his cowardice, she will reject him, killing any hope he has left of finding love.

 


Read an Excerpt

 

“You did all this?” Jonathan asked, amazement rushing through him.

She nodded, a blush staining her cheeks.

Even standing amidst the evidence of her talent, modesty enveloped her. He couldn’t help the slight smile that formed. “It’s magnificent.”

“Thank you.”

Should he venture into her world and help her? If he did, he feared the safety of his heart. Still, he couldn’t hold back. “And you can’t let your mother do…whatever it is you suspect she will do.”

His words made dismay flit across her lovely features. He wished he could recall what he’d said, but it was the truth.

“I know,” she replied, her voice hoarse with feeling. A moment of silence passed. “You’re quite sure it would be illegal?”

Ordinarily, he’d be irritated someone questioned his expertise, but he understood why she asked. “I am.”

She fidgeted with her skirt while her teeth worried at her lower lip.

The punishment she gave it made him want to cup her cheek to stop her. Then he’d run his thumb over her mouth and soothe her. Maybe kiss her. Maybe back her up against—

Hell. He had to remove himself from her presence. She was too damned dangerous.

“Would you…”

“Yes?” he prodded.

“Would you perhaps…come with me to speak to the sheriff?”

He shouldn’t. For one important reason. But…

“Do you really believe your mother won’t desist if you tell her it would be trespassing?”

She nodded her head slowly.

Damn it. Who was this Beulah? “Yes, I’ll go with you.”


Available on Your Favorite Platform

 

Meet the Author


Born and raised in Texas, I had to make the state the setting for my first series. From the food to the fun, like floating the rivers, it is the fire in my blood that inspires me. My family and friends take center stage in my books. My sisters and best friends are my heroines, and my husband created my favorite hero.

Love and family are the point of my stories, and I seek to entertain, relieve stress, and inspire people. Books can take one on a journey that one can relive over and over. I am extremely grateful to those authors who did that very thing for me. I learned and I fell in love with their words and characters. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Kara's Website ~ Blog ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest

Amazon Author Page ~ BookBub ~ Goodreads

~ ~ ~

Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to more authors, books, and even some giveaways in the near future!

Nancy

 


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Kara what a wonderful excerpt!
    Now you got me curious as to what she's done and her secret!
    Good luck and God's blessings
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on this new release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed the excerpt. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete