Friday, April 9, 2021

UNDER THE APPLE BLOSSOMS by Author Darlene Fredette

 

Today we welcome author Darlene Fredette to Notes From a Romantic’s Heart with her book, Under the Apple Blossoms, part of the Redford Falls series from The Wild Rose Press.

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

Is the setting for your book real? If so, have you been there? If it’s fictitious, is there somewhere real that you’ve used as a model?

The setting is a combination of real and fictitious. Redford Falls is based on two places my family loves to visit. Redford Falls is set in the valley here in Nova Scotia. It is close to the province’s capital of Halifax and is surrounded by small towns. Redford Falls Park has several waterfalls, which I inserted from another town that has scenic trails and spectacular waterfalls.

Do you like to read in the genre in which you write? Or, are you adventurous?

While romance is my go-to read, I would have to say I’m a bit adventurous within that genre. Contemporary romance, especially the ones that are heartwarming and I really enjoy humour added in, such as romantic comedies. But I also enjoy a good suspense mystery mixed in the romance, or even some paranormal and fantasy. Of course, throw in a western with a cowboy and I’m hooked.

If you listen to music while you write, what are the top three songs on your playlist?

I have the radio on when I write, but if I am in the zone, I don’t really hear it. Tunes that will get my immediate attention are (but are not necessarily on my playlist) If I Had A Million Dollars by The Barenaked Ladies, Every Breath You Take by The Police, and Something Just Like This by Coldplay. A quick reason for each:  If I Had A Million Dollars is something I say all the time and when the song comes on the radio, me and my daughter will try to be the first to text the other. Every Breath You Take was a song my father loved to listen to on my Walkman (yes, I’m aging myself), so this song fondly reminds me of him. Something Just Like This is the song I have to turn the volume up. I just love that song.

~ ~ ~

About the Book

A tragic accident tore them apart. She left him behind and broke his heart. Is he strong enough to risk it again?

Police officer, Tyler Kringle, keeps his heart locked behind bars. His first and only love, Maripier Nadeau, left Redford Falls many years ago after a family tragedy. She moved on, leaving him to pick up the shattered pieces of his heart.

But now Maripier is home to care for her father and to attend a dedication ceremony in her mother’s honor. Her return rattles Tyler’s cage, causing old emotions to resurface.

Once he discovers the truth from the past, can he reclaim the love of his life and lock-down their future before she leaves again?

~ ~ ~

Read an Excerpt

Glancing in the rearview mirror, she lifted her foot to let the vehicle slow. Stupid. Fleeing the accident and speeding away from the police was a rash judgment call. The kind officer seemed quite taken with her car, and the pony warranted the enthusiasm.

The policeman, whose tall, fit body filled out his uniform, had short dark brown hair with layers blending into the top. She sensed a strange pull toward him, and when he removed his sunglasses and she looked into his eyes, she understood the attraction. It took only a second to make the connection.

The hot police officer was none other than the ex she left behind so many years ago. The revelation soured their casual banter. Seeing Tyler stole her breath, and the clear blue sky turned dark and stormy. Thankfully, he hadn’t recognized her. Maripier expected to see him at some point, but not within minutes of arriving.

Taken aback, she ran. Just like before.

 ~ ~ ~

Meet the Author

Darlene resides on the Atlantic Coast of Canada where the summers are too short, and the winters are too long. An avid reader since childhood, Darlene loved to develop the many stories coming to life in her head.

She writes contemporary romances with a focus on plot-driven page-turners. When not working on her next book, she can be found with her husband, her daughter, and her yellow Labrador. Darlene’s favorite pastime is taking summer day-trips to the Valley to soak in the small-town feel.

Darlene's Website ~ Blog ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Amazon Author Page

That's it for guest and wonderful new, and not-so-new books this week. Check back for a trip to the Roaring Twenties on Sunday. Then, again next week, when a full week of authors, books, and fun!

Nancy

11 comments:

  1. Thank you, Nancy, for the awesome spotlight! I just love the graphic you made...I might have to borrow it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome any time. I'm glad you like graphic.

      Delete
    2. As for listening and writing ... I'm at the point where I can't write without music anymore. Especailly if I'm on a deadline. I have favorites for the different genres, but always music.

      Delete
  2. I love listening to music while writing, Darlene. I've often stated that music is my main muse. Wishing you all the best with 'Under the Apple Blossoms'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Mary! Music as a muse...hmm there's an idea :)

      Delete
  3. Great songs. I can't listen to music while writing, but listening beforehand definitely inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Music definitely puts me in a good mood.

      Delete
  4. Hi Darlene: I've read all the Redford Falls books and they are great. All stand alone, but you occasionally weave past characters into the stories so nicely we get to see how they are doing too. There is a family feel about the town and people. Very good series. I'm with Jennifer re: music, can't listen when writing, but inspiring at other times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gini, thank you for the awesome comments on Redford Falls. I am so happy you enjoying visiting!

      Delete