Monday, April 26, 2021

ORANGE BLOSSOMS-LOVE BLOOMS by Author Dalia Dupris

 

Today we welcome Author Dalia Dupris to Notes From a Romantic’s Heart. Dalia is her to tell us all about her new book, Orange Blossoms-Love Blooms, from The Wild Rose Press.


Inquiring Minds Want to Know


Is the setting for your book real? If so, have you been there? If it’s fictitious, is there somewhere real that you’ve used as a model?

The setting of my book is a small town in Southern California. It is a fictional town.


Do you like to read in the genre in which you write? Or, are you adventurous?

I do read in the genre that I write, however, I read in other genres also.


Is your book based on real-life experience or a figment of your imagination?

My life is a fictional interpretation of real-life events.



About the Book


Strong-willed Elaine Hart is determined to save Hartland Ranch, her family's California orange groves. After the recent ending of a turbulent relationship, she vows to keep her professional and personal life separate, even though she's attracted to the man who holds her family's fate in the palm of his hands.

Serious-minded banker, David Cole, has two goals- collecting on the delinquent ranch account and resisting his attraction to the unpredictable and beautiful Elaine Cole.

When a series of circumstances brings them together, they must decide if they will continue to suppress their emotions or succumb to passion and take a chance on a forever love.


Amazon ~ Apple ~ B&N (Nook) ~ Kobo


Read an Excerpt


The last thing I need right now is to spend the night with David. With the undeniable attraction between the two of us, I know exactly what will happen. My vow to not mix work and my social life has completely gone haywire, because here I am sitting in the cozy intimacy of his car. Betsy is on the way to the mechanic’s garage and I’m stuck in a remote little town that I never knew existed until a week ago. On top of that I’m with the most magnetic man I’ve ever met, who manages to make me feel emotions that are simultaneously new, exciting and frightening.

“I’m okay with that.” He’s the kind of man that I can trust. It’s me I’m more worried about. If we are going to be in close proximity, I’m not certain that I can keep my hands to myself. “Do you have a two-bedroom apartment in Littleton?’ I try to sound nonchalant.

“No, I don’t.” He has a twinkle in his eyes. “I have a one bedroom.”

“Oh,” I sigh, resigned to the fact that this is going to be a super challenging weekend. “We’ll have to make the best of it then, won’t we?”

He throws his head back and lets out a deep, robust laugh.

 

Meet the Author


Dalia Dupris has always enjoyed reading and writing and grew up surrounded by a wide variety of books, from westerns to romance novels. She published her first short stories and poetry when she was eight years old in her local newspaper. She loves stories—watching them, listening to them, reading them, and writing them. Her emotion-driven, contemporary novels include complex and diverse characters that grapple with family, love, loss, and laughter as they face the challenges of life.

She has a BA in English Literature from UCLA and a Master’s degree in Social Work from the University of Southern California. Her experience as a licensed psychotherapist is instrumental in her ability to create relatable characters. When she’s not working on her next manuscript, she can be found bike riding along the beach with her husband or exploring the mysteries of the universe with her daughter.


Dalia's WebsiteFacebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

Amazon Author Page ~ BookBub Author Page ~ Goodreads Author Page

~ ~ ~

That's it for me today. Please come back all this week for more authors, books, and fun! Maybe even a giveaway or two!

Nancy


1 comment: